- Visualise the human body as a machine. Engage in physical activity to enable various connections to be made between energy and energy sources.
- Conduct a simple energy audit of their classroom. To identify on a map items that require energy using images.
- Discuss and explore advantages and disadvantages of energy sources. Example batteries /mains walking/cars
- Children to create classification posters depicting comparative energy sources.
- Interview a senior citizen about changes in lifestyle in regard to energy use.
- Create and implement a plan to inform people how to save energy. Example presentation of learnings: animations, videos, song, plays and art work
- Audit school energy use- heating, cooling and lighting. Investigate skylights for natural heating and lighting.
- Investigate passive solar designs and investigate retro fittings
- Design and produce stickers to encourage energy reduction
- Place stickers close to lights and fans as reminders to turn off appliances and monitor and compare electricity use and billing.
- Investigate hot water systems and solar power with the view to evaluating use at home and school.
- Senior students will be set the task of regularly updating the generation data on the web page